I was riding my mountain bike yesterday and all of the sudden it just came to me. I just started thinking about how many things I’ve learned through my own personal working out (since I was a kid and playing competitive sports) as well as being a trainer (since 1998). So today I just wanted to share some of the things this 36yr old has personally learned about all things health and fitness….in no certain order….
- Pushups are the best upper body workout designed….no machine can replace that…you don’t need any equipment and you can do them anywhere.
- It’s easy to become a certified trainer (as I have seen overweight people become certified)….it’s not easy to work as one full time (hence a high turnover rate in many clubs)
- Diet is 85% of where results come from…..for muscle and fat loss. Many don’t focus here enough.
- Working out too much doesn’t lead to good results….hence most people are still struggling after years of hard effort and little return.
- Most people do not lift heavy enough to make stronger muscles.